Monday, February 3, 2014

Music= Life



Since the year 2000: I’ve followed my passion for music extensively & unwarily religiously so. I’ve helplessly followed wherever it led me. From my 1st discovery of the double disk compilation album called Verve remixes to Boozoo Bajou; Dorfmiester to 340ml; Blue 6 to J Dilla; Foreign exchange to 4 hero & the list goes on & on like Erykah Badu! The point is:  I’ve been very true with my feelings for global/world music. It played a big role in influencing my way of thinking. The way I look at the world & how I’d like to change or make my community a better place to live in. Like the air that I breathe, appreciating my parents for my existence & being thankful for being able to wake up everyday with a purpose: Music!


I think now I’m at a point where I’m listening to a sound I never knew I was looking for. And I've always been drawn to the strange sounds of Massive Attack, Portishead, Matthew Herbert, Hird, Dimlite, Forrs & Oy. The fantastical sounds of Cinematic Orchestra, Dzihan & Kamien. To future sounds of Jamoriquai, Nicolay, Blaq Faith, Domu, Dego, 2000 black, IAMNOBODY, Pandaboy & Astronautica! These sounds changed my perception of music & life in general. It broke me out of the chains of conformity. It made me fly when I didn't believe I could. It made me live out of the box; always. I’m so in love & in an affair that’s been going for 13 years now...

No comments:

Post a Comment