Thursday, February 19, 2015

LBC x Doda (Part 1)


Doda  (pronounced: dough-dah)

I met Doda through a friend when I used to work for another brand in Soweto: I think about 2 years ago. I cannot explain enough the energy I have with music! People who were bent more into the alternative side of sound were simply drawn into that energy! I guess I was too; hence the crossroads! 


Ever since that 1st time he promised me that we have to share the sounds! Till today it hasn't happened; which is something I always tease him about every time I see him! The fact I'm understanding these sounds are leading me too: it wasn't much of a big deal that he hasn't! which meant the bond we were creating would show itself soon enough. Unconsciously the sharing was really more conversational! Musical conversations that we eventually get lost into every time we start chatting! For me; really; that's my biggest experience when it comes to the power of music.

Eventually last year: when LBC got a chance to showcase in the Las Vegas Fashion Week; in the scorching state of Nevada! Knowing that LBC is not your average brand & its believe in always presenting itself in different ways & mediums! I finally got that chance to take him up on his promise of sharing music with me. That way came about the collaboration we did together! I basically asked him to do a mix for LBC's ramp music; for the Vegas show! Due to our musical connection: I didn't even have to tell him what the direction of the mix should be like! I trusted what he mixed for us; it clicked perfectly like a theme song to a movie.



So transport yourself this way; to hear what the models were walking to & what the audience were bobbing their heads to "Leaving Las Vegas" the mix.



And here is a little something extra from him to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment